How to finalize a non-reciprocal exchange:
- The guest contacts potential hosts to find a suitable home
- They both discuss together the details of the exchange
- The host pre-approves the exchange
- The guest finalizes the exchange
1. Contacting potential hosts to find a suitable home
Once you find a listing you like, you need to send them a request to see if they are interested and available. You can do so, by clicking on the "Contact them" option. It will take you to messaging center where you can send them a message.
2. Discuss together the details of the exchange
On the right hand side of the conversation, you will find the details of the exchange.
- Is the exchange reciprocal or not?
- How many guests will there be?
- What are the arrival and departure dates?
These are the details that the guest must indicate and that the host must pre-approve.
By clicking on the little pencil icon, the guest can change the number of guests as well as the arrival and departure dates.
These are the details that the host must then indicate:
- The number of GuestPoints per night of his/her home
3. The host pre-approves the exchange
Once you are both agreeable to the exchange details, the host should then click on "Pre-approve the exchange".
As a host, I see here a non-reciprocal exchange.
Kate will be coming to my apartment "L'appartement d'Alice et Thibaut" with a total of three guests, from 20/07/2018 to 26/07/2018.
My guest Kate gives me 100GP/night, making it a total of 600 GuestPoints for the stay.
If I agree with the details, I click on "Pre-approve the exchange" so that Kate can finalize the exchange.
4. The guest finalizes the exchange
Once the host pre-approves the exchange, the guest can click on "Continue" at the bottom of the right side of conversation.
The guest then clicks on "Finalize".
After clicking on "Finalize", you will be redirected to a secured payment system and you can finalize the exchange and pay the fees for HomeExchange Service
If you encounter any difficulties in finalizing your exchange, please do not hesitate to contact us by email at email@example.com