The HomeExchange messaging feature allows you to contact the other members of the community so that you and they can organize all future holidays and home exchanges :D
Every time you contact a member of the community or a member contacts you, HomeExchange creates a conversation so you can arrange the details of the exchange. This conversation can be found in your HomeExchange Messenger feature.
For every new message you receive, HomeExchange sends you an e-mail notification to let you know.
You can check that e-mail notifications are activated from your HomeExchange profile in "My settings".
Where can I find my HomeExchange Messaging feature?
You will find the messaging feature and your conversations by clicking on the envelope icon located in the top right corner of your screen:
How does the Messaging feature work?
When you click on the envelope, all your conversations will appear on the screen:
You can filter your messages using the different filters we’ve provided in the top left corner of your screen. You can select one of the categories below at a time:
- Your favorite messages
- Your unread messages
- Your unanswered messages
- Your archived messages
- Your sent messages
- Your finalized exchanges
You will not be able to see deleted messages again as these are permanently deleted.
Status of your messages
On the right-hand side, you can see the status of the conversation:
- "Request sent": you sent a request but you have not yet received a response.
- "Request received": you received a request to which you have not yet responded.
- "Currently under discussion": The exchange is being arranged.
- "Pre-approved": the exchange has been pre-approved by the host and must be finalized by the guest.
- "Finalized": the exchange has been finalized, cooool :D!
- "Exchange canceled": the exchange was canceled by the host or the guest.
- Conversation/Message classification
To the right side of your conversations, you will see the option to archive, delete or add to "your favorites" all the conversations that you want to categorize:
- Open a message
When you click on any of your conversations, you will be able to see the message history ;)
Now you are a home exchange PRO!!!