In case of cancellation, HomeExchange will contact you to find out the reasons for this and help you as much as we can. If you want, you can also contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In case of an emergency, please contact us at email@example.com
If your host cancels the exchange:
- You will get back the GuestPoints you have given to your host for this exchange. HomeExchange will help you find a new exchange that fulfills the basic criteria of your canceled exchange.
- If HomeExchange cannot find an appropriate new exchange for you and you no longer wish to travel, we will compensate you for your non-refundable costs such as plane tickets, train tickets etc. We will compensate you up to 700€ per week depending on the situation.
- If HomeExchange cannot find a new appropriate exchange for you but you still want to visit that destination, you can pay for alternative accommodation (e.g. a hotel) and we will compensate you with up to 700€ per week depending on the situation.
- If, however, the exchange has been cancelled by your host because of your behaviour (e.g. inappropriate, disrespectful behaviour towards your host), HomeExchange will not be able to give you a refund or compensate you in any way for the cancellation.
If you, as a guest, cancel the exchange:
- Your host can choose whether to keep the GuestPoints or give them back to you (from their account, they can choose either “Give back the GP” or “Keep the GP”).
- If you have chosen and paid for HomeExchange Service and there is a valid reason for the cancellation (i.e. health problems), do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, as we can give you back some or all of the GuestPoints from your exchange and still allow the host to keep them all.
HomeExchange Service Fee
The HomeExchange Service fee can only be refunded if this is requested within 14 days upon finalizing an exchange on the HomeExchange platform.