By saving your preferred destinations, you will create an alert that notifies you by email every time a home that matches your search requirements is added to HomeExchange. The search requirements that the systems saves would be: the city you are interested in, the number of guests, dates and any other filters that you have added to the search.
By adding your preferred destinations, you also increase your chances of finding an exchange. When you add your preferred destination, your home will appear in a reverse search for members in that location.
How can I save a preferred destination?
Go directly to your preferred destinations section, where you can find and add all your dream destinations.
To do this, hover your cursor on "Profile" at the top right hand corner of the screen and then click on "My preferred destinations".
Once there, you will be able to see all your destinations and/or add new ones. To add a preferred destination, simply click on "Add a new destination".
You can add up to 20 preferred destinations to your Profile.
We have limited the number of preferred destinations for 2 reasons:
1) the preferred destinations are an indication of the places you want to visit the most and, though the world is very big and lots of places are tempting, we feel that 20 is a pretty good bucket list!
2) by limiting the preferred destinations to 20, the search results for your reverse search as well as your Profile page will load more efficiently.
Note: Since we changed the map, some destinations are no longer recognised by our system. This means that there is a chance you will not appear in reverse searches on certain destinations. Obsolete destinations are marked with a red banner. In this case, delete them by clicking on the small bin and then save them again.
How can I delete the email notifications for my preferred destinations?
To look at or delete your preferred destinations, hover your cursor on "Profile" at the top right hand corner of the screen and then click on "My preferred destinations". There, you can delete a search and activate or deactivate the email notifications.
Once in "Preferred destinations", you can:
1) Keep the preferred destination but stop receiving email notifications of new homes created on the platform that fit your search. For this, click on the blue button beside "Email alerts".
2) Delete your search by clicking on the trash can icon.
Can other members see my preferred destinations? And can I see theirs?
Yes! This information is public. You will be able to see the preferred destinations of the other members and they can see yours. There are 2 ways to see preferred destinations:
1) On the public profile, the preferred destinations will be shown just below the verification levels.
2) See the preferred destinations from the listing you are viewing: on the right, you will see profile information and you will be able to see their preferred destinations in a general sense. To find out more, simply click on "See more".
Why is it important to save my preferred destinations?
Saving your preferred destinations is important for three main reasons:
1) If the destination you are looking for is saved, it will be easier to access the results if you have it saved directly in "My favorite destinations".
2) Every time a home that meets the requirements is added, you will be notified.
3) Preferred destinations are also important for those members who are looking for guests to stay. This way, when you save a search, you can be contacted by members who are doing a reverse search that matches what you are looking for.