- When members are looking for an exchange, they like to take their time to find the right home and exchange partner for them. It takes time and personal investment to find an exchange. Often, when you send a request members will first take a look at your home to see if they would eventually be interested in a reciprocal exchange. And also look at your profile! This is why it is important to have both your profile and your listing completed to 100%. Finally, they are also not obligated to say "yes" to all the requests that they received as it is the case on instant booking platforms.
- We always recommend to our members to send personalized messages as much as possible. In your first message, explain who you are, introduce the people you are traveling with, say what you like in the home that you have contacted (location, decoration, equipment, etc...). Some members receive many demands and they will also base their choice on the messages that they receive. You will find a guide on how to write an exchange request here.
- We advise that you contact all the members whose home fits your needs in your desired destination. The number of requests you need to send to find an exchange will differ depending on the destination (for example New York and London are our most popular destinations) and the period (for example many members travel during summer).
- It is also important to make good use of the search filters. Using the filters, you can add your exact dates and the number of beds needed. You can also narrow down your search to only reciprocal exchanges or non-reciprocal exchanges and select the amenities that are important to you. This will help filter the search results to show the homes that best match your needs and increase your chances of finding the perfect exchange for you.
- Don't forget to use the map! You can zoom in or zoom out of the map to get a wider area. For example, if there are not many listings in your desired destination, you can use the map to search around in the region.
- And finally, do not hesitate to check back on your answers after a few days and send another message if needed! Keep in mind that new availabilities can arise at any moment :)
To fully live the HomeExchange experience, remember to be as flexible as you can, be open to all destinations and requests that you get and be proactive :)
To boost your chances even more, why not post a message and introduce yourself on one of our Facebook groups?
You can also join groups to find members with similar interests: How do I join groups?
And if you still struggle to find an exchange, do not hesitate to reach out to us, we will be happy to help you in your search :)