The response time allows you to know when you can expect a first answer from the member you have contacted. Next time you are looking for an exchange, you will find the response time of any member directly on their profile:
How does it work?
The response time gives you an estimate of the response speed (in days/weeks) of the member compared to their response rate.
We calculate the response time by taking into account the median response time of the member during their last 3 months of activity on the website.
Note: We only take into account the response time for the first answer in a new conversation.
What are the different response time options?
- You reply in average in less than an hour, your response time will be "In less than 1 hour".
- You reply in average in less than 24 hours, your response time will be "In less than 24 hours".
- You reply in average in less than 1 week, your response time will be "In less than a week".
- You reply in average in more than 1 week, your response time will be "In a week or more".
- You are a new user, your response time will not be displayed yet and instead the mention "New user" will be visible on your profile.
- If you have had your account for more than 3 months and have not answered any message in the last 12 months, the mention "No recent activity" will be visible on your profile.
How can I have a good response time?
To maintain a good response time, we advise that you answer your new messages as soon as possible. And in case several conversations were created with a same member, make sure that you answer in each conversation so that your response time is not affected.
For more information on how to answer your messages, you can visit this article: How do I reply to my messages?